Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cat Walk

Last week I was downtown, sitting at a red light during lunch when I saw this:

It was quite cold, actually, and the poor cat looked absolutely terrified to cross the street. The MAX was coming, cars and pedestrians were everywhere, not to mention bicyclists speeding by. I felt really bad for the poor feller. Then a few days later when I was downtown (near the same spot), I saw the guy walking down the street with the cat riding on his shoulder. WTF? Weird...

It just goes to show you, you never know what you'll see in Portland.

Although, I have seen a cat on a leash before, in what you might consider an even stranger locale. About 5 years ago Justyn and I went to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs (a beautiful place, if you've never been):

When we were youngsters.

Anyway, we were just sitting on a rock and admiring the blue blue sky, when we saw this lady walking her cat:

I use the term "walking" quite loosely here. The cat was actually like, scaling rock faces and stuff. It was crazy. So of course, we went straight home and bough a leash for Oliver. He didn't like it, and the whole scenario went something like this:

The thing with Oliver is, that I think he just doesn't like having something around his shoulders. I put a t-shirt on him once for a Halloween costume and he freaked out. I sure wish I had a video of that. It's one of the few times in my adult life that I almost wet myself from laughing so hard.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my god. That freaking tshirt was hilarious. It's like it magically paralyzed his body and he couldnt move in it.

It totally freaks me out when I see cats on leashes (granted, I think I have only once). I keep expecting them to lift their leg and pee on a tree or something.