Friday, April 10, 2009

Food Friday: Raspberries & Oranges

Today's post is going to be short and sweet, because I have to get to work and then start this weekend's daunting job of refinishing 1000 square feet of sadly distressed hardwood floors in our new house. It should be interesting, because Justyn has a ton of experience with tasks like these, and I have zilch. By the way, sorry for the crappy pictures today. I don't know what my problem was when I took these, but you'll get the general idea anyway.



This is a made-up concoction... one of my many attempts to creatively use leftover food before it goes bad. You see, I had some leftover raspberries that were so good, and some mandarin oranges I had used for a salad. I also needed to find a home for about half of a small carton of whipping cream from something else. I don't use heavy cream very much, so when I buy it, I like to get my money's (and fat/calorie's worth).

So, I just plopped my fruit in little mini-bowls, topped it with the whipped cream, and voila! Easy, fresh dessert. My favorite. Plus it only took me like 5 minutes which is also awesome. A couple of tips: when I whipped up the cream, I added sugar (of course), a splash of vanilla, and some lemon juice. Mmm!

You may notice that my whipped cream is a little lifeless. After my last experience with it, I think maybe this time I didn't whip it quite long enough. But whatever. It was still tasty.

No comments: