Thursday, August 6, 2009

Zukes & Cukes

My dear, dear friends. I have excellent news. The zucchinis are BACK! Woo hoo! Check out how glossy and beautiful they are!


For those of you who have always had faith in me even during my failures, I want to thank you for not losing hope. For those of you who did doubt me after last week's devastating casualties, let this be a lesson to you. I am a resurrector, a gardening goddess, a miracle worker, if you will (at least for this week.)

In other news, I have lots and lots of cucumbers! If you were curious when I mentioned lemon cucumbers, here you go. Looks like a lemon (sort of) but tastes like any ol' cuke.



Here's one after it was sliced into a bowl and sprinkled with salt. Right before I ate it.


I'm also growing another type of cucumber called "straight eight". You can see where it gets its name:

Except I don't know what happened to this one.
Another gardening lesson I've learned is that things grow in funny shapes. These aren't your local supermarket cukes, people. Of course, they're better. 'Cause I grew 'em.


No comments: